Thursday, July 2, 2015

Shabby Grapevine Wreath


I'm really excited about sharing this easy DIY craft with all of you. I really wanted to make something to make my boring entryway more personal. This is a craft that I think anyone can do.


I started with a simple Grapevine wreath that I purchased from Michael's Craft Store. I originally bought a 12" Grapevine wreath but realized that I wanted something bigger so I got a 24" wreath instead.

I also bought this cute 8" MDF Scroll Letter which I painted in my favorite Vintage Market and Design paint color; Antique.




Next, I used wire cutters to cut the stems off of some silk roses that I had laying around.

You can use any type of flower that you want for this part. I think that's what makes this projects so personal.

I considered using peonies, sunflowers, or hydrangeas, but I settled on roses.


Then, I used a low-heat glue gun to glue the flowers onto the wreath.
I absolutely love having a hot glue gun. It makes most projects I do that much easier. The only issue is the stringy mess they leave, but that's not to hard to clean up.


See all those stringy, spiderweb looking things all over? I just had to spend a few minutes picking that all off.


I then wrapped twine around the opposite side of where I glued the flowers for a more rustic look. It also helped with attaching my "G" to the wreath.

When I was done wrapping the twine around I simply tied down the "G" with a bow. By the way, the "G" is for my families last name but you would want to pick the letter best suited for your families home.

I tied a bow with burlap and lace ribbon and voila, a wreath to hang in that empty spot on my porch!

Just to show how I hung it up, I attached more twine to the bow and hung it on a light. I think it completes my space quite nicely.


I hope that you have fun creating your special family wreath! I would love to see pictures of your completed projects also.

No comments:

Post a Comment