Sunday, November 15, 2015

Peacock Delight

Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I've been here.

TOO long.

Well, I'm back with lots of new things.

I've been painting up a storm.

I just thought I'd share some pictures of a new piece I finished recently.


I love this piece especially since I totally stepped out of my comfort zone.

A friend of mine told me that my color palette was pretty predictable so my intention was to surprise him with this. HeHe.

I used Vintage Market and Design Furniture Paint in "Peacock" and then "Espresso" for the top.

I took my handy power sander and brushed it up against the whole piece, especially the top.

When that was done, I put their Dark Umber Wax on the whole piece and let it sit for 2 days.
After the 2 days, I took a microfiber cloth and wiped down the whole piece, getting the wax completely off.

I then sealed it all with VM&D's Satin Clear Coat Sealer.

I just love the final piece. That worn Espresso on the top really makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment