Thursday, August 7, 2014

Candlesticks & Cakestands

When it comes to beautiful and easy, I'm there! With my daughter's first birthday coming up I wanted to make it a vintage tea party theme. When it comes to the Shabby Chic decorating style I just cannot resist. I wanted to make some simple, yet lovely cake stands.
I am one of those good ol' thrift store addicts. I started this project by collecting the best dishes, pans, and candlesticks I could find.

Here is some of my loot:


After trying several different glues I have discovered that E6000 is my favorite for this project. The one thing I would not suggest you use for this type of project is hot glue. It doesn't hold up when it comes to gluing dishes and the hot glue cannot get wet or else you will have one giant mess when your dishes fall apart.

I applied a small amount of glue to one of the candlesticks at the base.


Continue to glue the candlesticks to the dishes and stack as high as you would like. I planned on using this one for fruit so it needed to be big and tall to hold lots of fruit!



I also wanted to make some simple, yet fun cake stands.

This one is a candle holder and an Metal Pie Pan:

Here is what I ended up with once all gluing was done:


I hope you enjoyed this simple DIY. Stayed tuned for more projects from the Vintage Tea Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment