Friday, August 29, 2014

Shabby Old Window

Moving cross-country with only what can fit in your car trunk is no easy feat. I was desperate to find things to fill my bare walls once we reached our destination. Thrift stores, of course, are my favorite. That's where I found this old window. It may not look like anything special to some, but to me it was just another treasure. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but I knew it was going to fill up a decent-sized space on my wall once I was finished with whatever I was going to do.


I thought about putting 6 photos in each pane. That would have looked nice, probably 6- 8x10's. I then heard that Staples does these black and white prints called Engineering prints. I had recently had a photo done of my 3 kiddos so I decided to try it out. I went to Staples online and uploaded the photo. Keep in mind, this is a big window, 36" x 27" to be exact. That's how big I asked for the print to be.

In a little over an hour I went to go pick up my print. Can you believe my surprise when the clerk at Staples handed me a huge, beautiful print of my children and told me that my total was $1.07? What!? I couldn't believe it. I brought it home, taped it behind the window and hammered on some jigsaw brackets to the back of the window to hang it. Hung it up, and Viola!


Yes, I realize that one of my son's faces is a little bit cut off by a pane, but I still love it! I do plan on changing the photo again though. Heck, at $1.07 per print I could change it every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment